Zavala County Courthouse
200 E. Uvalde St.
Crystal City, TX 78839
Office Phone: 830-374-2331
Fax Number: 830-374-5955
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Zavala County will be issuing marriage licenses reflecting the June 26th, 2015 U.S. Supreme Court decision regarding same-sex marriage, beginning today, June 30, 2015.
Effective Oct. 2015, the County Clerk is accepting e-filing for all Civil, Probate and Guardianship matters.
Types of Records in the County Clerks Office:
- Official Records- including Deeds, Deeds of Trust, Oil, Gas, and Mineral Leases, etc.
- Probate Cases
- Misdemeanor Criminal Cases
- Civil Cases
Births and Deaths of Zavala County
Commissioners Court Minutes
Uniform Commercial Code Filings
Assumed Name Records
Marks and Brands
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM.
Applications are available in our office or online at www.travel.state.gov
Each applicant must be present when submitting their application – including children.
Children age 15 must be accompanied by both parents who will both sign the application.
Children age 16 and 17 must be accompanied by one parent who will sign the application along with the child.
Adult passports (age 16 and up) are good for 10 years.
Child’s passports (age 15 and below) are good for 5 years.
The turn-around time for receiving your passport varies throughout the year. We highly recommend you apply for your passport as soon as possible once you know you will be traveling.
Book: May be used by US citizens to travel by any means to any international travel destination.
Adult (Age 16 and older) - $135.00
Child (Age 15 and under) - $105.00
Renewals (for Adults only) - $110.00
Card: May be used by US Citizens to re-enter the US at land border-crossings and sea ports-of-
entry when arriving from Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean and Bermuda only.
Adult - $55.00
Child - $40.00
Renewals (for Adults only) - $30.00
Expedite Fee (for both the Book and Card, and for both Adult and Child) - $60.00 per applicant
We accept cash, check, or money order.
When paying with check, we kindly recommend bringing two checks as payment will be split up.
What to Bring:
- Application (DS-11 – for first time applicants)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (or Naturalization Certification)
- Please make sure it is the long form (full page). The short form (half page) is often rejected.
- It will get sent with your application, but it will be mailed back to you.
- Driver’s License (we will make a copy and give it back to you)
- 2” X 2” photo (VHS in Crystal City next to Golden Chick; out of town Walgreens and Wal-Mart)
- Any additional documents that may be need – Court Orders, additional forms for parental consent, name change, etc.
Renewal applications (DS-82) are available in our office but we do not send them off, you must fill them out, sign and take them (along with the necessary documents) to the post office yourself.
Please call our office before you visit if have any questions concerning your passport application process.